When it comes to hunting deer, some people prefer bows, some muzzleloaders and some rifles. If you enjoy getting outdoors and taking home a trophy deer using a rifle, it is imperative that you choose the right rifle. Obviously, the goal is to choose something that is comfortable to carry and use but a rifle that would offer a clean shot, as well. The best place to start is by looking at the most popular deer hunting rifles currently on the market.
We wanted to provide some options for popular deer hunting rifles so you would have a starting point when you get ready to start shopping around. Remember, to purchase a high quality rifle does not automatically mean paying a fortune. By taking time to look at rifles through a variety of resources and considering several options, you can end up with an outstanding rifle for your next deer hunting season.
• Ruger Model 77Mk.11 RSI – This is one of the more compact of deer hunting rifles being sold, which for many people is the ideal choice. As a.308 rifle, it can handle long shots, often more than 300 yards. Many hunters feel this rifle is among the best calibers for whitetail deer hunting. The rifle sig sauer 6.5 creedmoor rifle comes with a 207×32 scope, making it perfect when needing to be covert while stalking deer. The barrel is only 18.5 inches long, causing some extra muzzle blast, but overall it is an exceptional option.
• Ruger 1A Light Sporter – Another of the top hunting rifles has a nice balance and while similar to the 270 Winchester RSI, hunters feel it offers a few more advantages. This single shot rifle is another good, all-around choice but it is important to choose the appropriate scope.
• Browning BAR Grade II – For this rifle in 30-06, it fits a 2-7×33 scope, offers great shots, and the beautiful walnut stock with its honey color gives the rifle character even when out in deep woods hunting.
• Winchester 70 – Although there are many different deer hunting rifles under the Winchester brand, those made prior to 1964 in 30-06 are actually exceptional. Although going with an older rifle such as this might mean searching for missing parts or having the rifle repaired, when out hunting deer with it you will quickly see why it has become a popular choice.
• Marlin 336ER – This comes in a.356, which handles well. The balance is one of the best for all deer hunting rifles used and although its appearance is very similar to a 30-30 or Remington.35, the magazine is two-thirds longer. The one thing about this deer rifle is that it has power and in fact some hunters say it has more power than needed. For this reason, we recommend it for seasoned hunters.
• Winchester Model 70 Featherweight Classic – This deer hunting rifle comes in 7mm/08 and the styling is definitely one of the best ever made. The stock is classic, it holds a Leupold Vari-X 11 scope, it is lightweight, compact and a great caliber for hunting deer. Hunters who use this particular rifle agree that no matter the scenario or environment this Winchester is well worth buying.
• Browning BLR – The last of the popular deer hunting rifles that we wanted to mention is this, which is a.358 Winchester. The performance and handling is great, it easily holds a Weaver Classic scope and the design and weight make the rifle easy to carry.